Path: Home >> Current Rugby >> Match reports

Match Reports

Cwmgors v Maesteg Celtic 03/09/2016 P

Referee wouldn't allow match to be played due to some water on field

Man of the Match award, sponsored by

Cwmavon v Cwmgors 10/09/2016 L 25-20

 We finally started the league season, and we were soon ahead through a Steff Rees penalty, playing with a strong breeze. Cwmavon were next to score through their dangerous back line. A loose ball from a lineout was gathered by Cwmavon and they showed some good running and support to score in the corner. The conversion failed, but it gave them a 5-3. Some good driving play by the Cwmgors forwards saw them being awarded a penalty. From the resutting lineout, Richard Hills, forced himself over for an unconverted try, to retake the lead 5-8. On the stroke of halftime Cwmgors were awarded another penalty, but the kick missed.

Cwmavon started the second half with a bang. They scored a converted try almost from the resatrt. They added a penalty, and another converted try to give them a 22-8 lead within a quarter of an hour. Cwmgors didn't give up however. Richard Hills scored his second try, again from a driving maul from a lineout. The conversion from Steff Rees made the score 22-15. Cwmavon hit back with a penalty to extend their lead to 25-15, before another driving maul saw Jonny Hills drove over from another lineout for an unconverted try. With the score at 25-20, both sides could have won. Cwmgors were unlucky to be penalised at another close range lineout. There didn't appear to be an infigement as Jamie Bradley won the ball, and handed the ball back to Jonny Hills who attached himself to the maul. The referee, however, disagreed, and Cwmgors had to make do with a losing bonus point.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Stewart Morgan: Richard Hills

Cwmgors v Penlan 17/09/2016 L 17-30

Cwmgors took an early lead through a Steff Rees penalty, but Penlan evened the score with a penalty of their own. For most of the first half, it was an even game, with Cwmgors giving as good as they got. Penlan, however scored 3 tries in the final 15 minutes of the half, through their backs, converting 2 of them. This gave them a 3-22 lead at the interval.
In the second half, the Cwmgors pack started to impose themselves, especially in the scrum, resulting in a penalty try. The conversion from Steff Rees made it 10-22. A further try, this time Richard Hills crossing over, peeling off a driving maul from a lineout. Steff Rees’ conversion cut the deficit to 17-22. Cwmgors continued to press, but the next to score were Penlan with a penalty to extend their lead to 17-25. The final unconverted try came from Penlan on the final whistle.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Eryl & Delyth: Mathew Vickers.

Resolven v Cwmgors 24/09/2016 L 23-19

Cwmgors took an early lead through a Steff Rees penalty. It was short lived however. A driving lineout from Resolven was deemed to be brought down illegally by the referee, who awarded a penalty try. Cwmgors had the chance to reduce the deficit with a penalty from their own half, but it missed. Resolven scored next with try of the match. They gathered a loose ball well into their own half, and some good passing and support saw them execute a 3 on 2 and a 2 on 1 moves, for their winger to cross in the corner. The conversion gave Resolven a 14-3 lead. Cwmgors did not give up. Steff Rees cut the deficit with a penalty, and from an interception, raced through, only to be brought down just short of the line. Unfortunately, he sustained an injury from this, and had to be replaced. From the resulting field position, pressure from Cwmgors saw Resolven yield a penalty. From the tap the ball was passed to Gareth Amos who forced himself over for a try. The conversion from Caron Jones made the score 14-13 at the interval.
Cwmgors took the lead early in the second half through a Caron Jones penalty, and extended the lead with another soon after. Another attempt from the 10m line, hit post. With the wind picking up in favour of Resolven, the balance of play started to swing in favour of the home side. They scored 3 penalties, including one on the final whistle to give them a 23-19 win, with Cwmgors having to settle for a losing bonus point.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Keith "Sar" Davies: Ethan Price

Cwmgors v Ystradgynlais 01/10/2016 L 16-24

No report

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Hywel Marshall: TBA

Plate Round 1 Cwmgors v 08/10/2016 L 59-0

Cwmgors gave several players their first start of the season in this Plate Round 1 game. Unfortunately, Morriston started strongly, and raced to a 40 -0 half time lead, scoring 6 tries, converting 5 of them. In the second half Cwmgors began to get their act together and started to compete. Morriston managed to score a further 3 tries, converting 2.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Jeff & Susan Bright: TBA

Morriston v Cwmgors 15/10/2016 L 30-6

Moriston took the early lead with their winger scoring an unconverted try wide out on the right. Steff Rees then replied with a penatly, which was cancelled out by one from Morriston. In a tight match Morriston still managed to score 2 further tries, converting one, to give them a 20-3 lead. Steff Rees kicked a penalty, and was short from an attempt near the half-way line, to make the score 20-6 at the interval.

The second half again was a close contest. Morriston kicked an early penalty, and scored a converted break away try near the end of the game.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Anthony Popple: TBA

Cwmgors v Aberavon Green Stars 22/10/2016 W 36-19

Aberavon Green Stars kicked off, and were soon in the lead through a penalty.Steff Rees attempted a long range penalty, into the wind to even the score, but it dipped under the cross bar. Soon after Cwmgors did take the lead. Following a good driving scrum, Dylan Hills picked up and drove over to score a try on his return from Australia. Steff Rees converted to make it 7-3. Green Stars replied through two penalties to regain the lead 7-9, before Mathew Vickers picked up to drive over after some good work by the forwards. This gave Cwmgors a 12-9 half-time lead.

Soon after the restart Cwmgors extended their lead. Steff Rees made a good break before passing to Alex Watkins, who still had some work to do before crossing for a try. Steff Rees' converion made it 19-9. Cwmgors had the chance to extend the lead but Steff Rees' penalty was wide. He soon made ammends, with two good breaks, before Jonny Hills forced himself over, to make the score 24-9. Following some more good work by the forwards, player/ coach Jordan Roderick drove over for an unconverted try. Cwmgors extended their lead when Dylan Hills scored his second try of the afternoon to crown a fine display. Dan Morgan converted to make it 36-12. Aberavon Green Stars had not given up, and scored a converted try of their own to cut the lead to 36-19.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Mike Harwood: Jordan Roderick

Cwmgors v Maesteg Celtic 29/10/2016 W 19-12

Maesteg Celtic kicked-off playing towards the road in this rearranged fixture. Early in the match, the game was topped for a period due to a leg injury to Maesteg Celtic outside half. The injury was sustained when he takled strong running No. 8 Dylan Hills. With a replacement on the game resumed. Cwmgors opened the scoring when a cross kick from Steff Rees was gathered by Chris Jones to go over in the bottom corner. The conversion was wide, so the score remained 5-0. Maesteg Celtic were awarded a controverial free kick when their scrum half impeded Caron Jones putting the ball into the scrum. Unfortunately, the referee was the other side of the scrum, and gave Celtic the free kick for delaying the put in. From the quickly taken tap, Maeteg Celtic spread the ball wide to score in the corner. The succesful conversion gave them a 4-7 lead at half-time.

From the resart Cwmgors were soon on the attack, and Chris Jones was unlucky not to score a second try when he failed to gather another cross kick from Steff Rees. Cwmgors maintained the pressure and were held up twice over the line. However, from the resulting scrum, they were awarded a penalty try when Maesteg Celtic dropped the scrum with Cwmgors pack driving over the line. Steff Rees' conversion meant that Cwmgors regained the lead at 12-7. Cwmgors maintained the pressure and from another 5 meter scrum, drove the Maesteg Celtic pack backwards for Dylan Hills to touch down from the back of the scrum. Steff Rees converted to make it 19-7. Maesteg Celtic then had spell of pressure, but Cwmgors held out, and were once agan pressing on the Maesteg Celtic line. Celtic broke out again and scored a try 11 minutes into stoppage time, to make the final score 19-17

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Ian Rees: Sam Lewis

Nantymoel v Cwmgors 12/11/2016 L 28-23

Cwmgors left the field disappointed not having won this game. Cwmgors kicked off, and were soon in the lead through a penalty kicked by permit player Johnny Bayliss. The Cwmgors forwards had the home pack under pressure in the scrum, and Dylan Hills extended the lead, picking up and driving over with the Cwmgors pack pushing the home side back from a 5m scrum. The conversion missed, to give Cwmgors a 0-8 lead. Nantymoel picked up their game and a strong run by their inside center, through some Cwmgors tackles, saw the lead reduced with a converted try. Soon after, a cross kick from Nantymoel saw them being awarded apenalty try for holding back. It was awarded quite far out, and it did appear that the Nantymoel player ran across the line of the Cwmgors player, and there appeared to be some Cwmgors cover they still had to beat. This gave the home side a 14-8 lead. The play ebbed to and fro, but just befor the interval a lineout close to the Nantymoel line saw Jordan Roderick force himself over for a try, which was converted by Johnny Bayliss, to regain the lead for Cwmgors 14-15.

From the restart a knock on by Cwmgors in their own 22 saw a srum for Nantymoel. The scrum wheeled, and the scrum-half picked up for a clear run to the line. The conversion gave Nantymoel a 21-15 lead. Cwmgors had most of the territory in the second half, and a penalty from Caron Jones reduced the deficit to 21-18. Cwmgors were pressing hard in the Nantymoel 22, and eventually Dylan Hills crossed over for his second try, again picking up from a 5m scrum. The unsuccessful conversion gave Cwmgors a 21-23 lead. Cwmgors kept up the pressure, but from broken play in their own 22m line, Nantymoel managed to put their winger away to score in the corner, which was converted. Despite keeping up the pressure, Cwmgors failed to regain the lead in the remaining minutes of the game.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Alun Jones: TBA

Cwmgors v Pencoed 26/11/2015 W 22-21

Penoed kicked-off, and were soon into a 10 point lead, through a penalty and converted try. It seemed that Cwmgors were in for a difficult time. Cwmgors' forwards started to come more into the game, and were rewarded when Dylan Hills crossed after picking up the ball from a ruck. Pencoed had a chance to extend their lead, but missed a relatively easy penalty. They did however score a try when they passed the ball wide for their wing to cross in the corner. The conversion was unconverted to make the score 5 -15. Cwmgors cut the deficit to 12-15 just before the interval when Steff Rees saw a gap, and made an arcing run to score a try, which he converted.

Cwmgors started the second half dramatically. Good work from the forwards in the lineout, and in the loose saw Dylan Hills cross over for his second try. The try was un converted, but it did give Cwmgors the lead 17-15. Cwmgors maintained the pressure, and the lead was extended. After some good work around the break down, the ball came out to Steff Rees who forced himself over, for an unconverted try, his second of the match. Pencoed started to come back into the game, and were awarded a penalty near the 10m line, which they kicked. Soon after the restart, Pencoed were awarded a second penalty, in almost the same spot. The kick made it 22-21, with 20 minutes to play. Most of that tie was spent in the Pencoed half, but the visitors did have several breakouts, where they threatend to score. The match ended with a Pencoed breakout, but a knock-on ended the move and the match. It was a well deserved bonus point win for Cwmgors.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Gerwyn Evans: TBA

Cwmgors v Tondu 03/12/2016

SWALEC Plate Round 3 10/12/2016

Brynaman v Cwmgors 17/12/2016 W 3-26

Brynaman kicked-off the local derby, playing towards the swimming pool. It was Cwmgors however who applied the pressure, and were awarded a penalty, which was pushed wide. Despite a series of scrums for Cwmgors in the Brynaman 22, the visitors had to wait 20 minutes before lock Jonny Hills drove over, following a lineout, for an unconverted try. Brynaman had the next scoring chance, but their penalty attempt missed. Steff Rees extended the Cwmgors lead to 8 points from a penalty kick. The half ended with Cwmgors camped in the Bryanaman 22, but were unable to convert the pressure into points.

Brynaman were first to score in the second half with a penalty, for their only points of the match. Soon after, Cwmgors extended their lead. Dylan Hills collected a kick and his storming run through several Brynaman forwards set up a ruck, from which a cross kick by Steff Rees was caught by Lloyd Watson, and he crossed over in the corner for an unconverted try. The Brynaman pack was under a great deal of pressure by this time, and Cwmgors extended their lead through a Steff Rees penalty. With score at 3-16, Bryaman were awarded a long-range penalty, but they missed the kick. However, Steff Rees was successful a few minutes later with a penalty for Cwmgors, extending the lead to 3-19. With the Brynaman pack under increasing pressure, they lost their replacement prop, resulting in unopposed scrums. This enabled Brynaman to have some good ball. They tried to use this in their backs, but the Cwmgors defence held up well. Cwmgors scored their third try of the match when Steff Rees put a chip over the oncoming Brynaman backs for Mike Hodges to jump up and catch the ball over the line to touch down for a try, despite appearing to be taken out whilst in the air. Steff Rees converted to make the score 3-26. Despite some their efforts Brynaman failed to make any real inroads in the final five minutes, and the match ended with a win for Cwmgors.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Iorwerth Leonard: TBA


Maesteg Celtic v Cwmgors 07/01/2017 L 13-8

Cwmgors started the game with a bang. In the first minute of the game, Maesteg Celtic's backs dropped the ball, which was hacked through by Chris Jones, who won the race to cross over for an unconverted try in the corner. The slippery conditions made it a scrappy game, and many moves broke down due to good tackling and mishandling. Maesteg Celtic had the opportunity to reduce the lead, but their penalty kick was wide. It was Steff Rees who extended Cwmgors' lead to 8 points next. This was the score at the interval.

In the second half, both Maesteg Celtic and Cwmgors failed with a penalty each to add to the score. Maesteg Celtic broke through, and looked like scoring, but Lloyd Watson pulled off a good tackle, bring their player down a few meters short of the line. Although Celtic were firmly planted in Cwmgors' 22, they couldn't convert their pressure into a try. Eventually, they were awrarded a penalty which they kicked to make it 3-8. Celtic were soon back in Cwmgors' 22, and added another penalty to make it 6-8. Cwmgors did have some breaks of their own, butt were unable to added to their score. At the end of normal time, Celtic eventually found their way over for a converted try, giving them the lead for the first time in the match. Most of stopage time was played in Celtic's half, but despite the awarding of penalties, Cwmgors couldn't find their way over the line.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Brian Hogarth: TBA

SWALEC Plate Round 14/01/2017

Cwmgors v Cwmavon 21/01/2017 W 38-13

Cwmavon kicked off towards the road, on a sunny but cold afternoon, and were first on the scoreboard with a penalty. Steff Rees evened the sores with a Cwmgors penalty. Midway through the half, Lloyd Watson won the chase to touch down in the corner, after a chip through by Caron Jones, give Cwmgors an 8-3 lead. Steff Rees kicked a penalty to etend the lead to 11-3, before Dylan Hills forced crossed for a try after some good work by the forwards. Jack Evans did well to score the next try. Good hands by the backs gave him the ball with a limited space and some distance to run, but he managed to squeeze over in the corner. Dylan Hills extended the lead to 26-3, with his second try when he drove over from the back of the scrum. Cwmavon were not giving up, and came back to score a try of their own just befor half time, to make it 26-8 at the interval.

Jack Evans was the first to score in the second half, with his second try. He gathered a cross kick from Steff Rees to race over in the corner. Cwmavon were applying some pressure, but when Cwmgors broke out, they scored their fifth try when Johnny Hills drove over when he received a pop pass from a maul. Steff Garland converted to make it 38-8. The final word went to Cwmavon when they scored an unconverted try at the end of the game.

Man of the Mathch award sponsored by Kim & Andrew Fairhurst: Jack Evans

Penlan v Cwmgors 28/01/2017 L 36-15

Penlan started well and were soon on the scoreboard when they wre awarded a penalty try for a collapsed maul. The conversion gave them a 7 point lead, which they doubled soon after whith a converted tryunder the posts. Cwmgors were in the game, and a long pass from Steff Rees was gathered by Jack Evans who did well to run in a try in the corner. Steff Rees' conversion halved the defecit. Penlan scored 2 unconverted tries to give them their bonus point. Cwmgors remained in touch when Jack Evans collected a loose ball and made a break. He passed to wing Mathew Birt who scored for an unconverted try in the corner, just befor the interval.

Steff Garland, now playing at outside-half, reduced the lead further to 24-15 at the start of the second half with a penalty. Penaln, however were to have the final say scoring wise in a scrappy second half. They scored 2 further tries, convertig the second. Cwmgors never gave up, but their efforts fell short of crossing the line. A number of the younger players and those on the fringes came steped up to the mark, and didn't let the team down.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Colin & Karen Jones: TBA

Cwmgors v Resolven 04/02/2017 L 14-21

Cwmgors kicked off playing towards the school, and were given the first chance to open the score when they were awarded a penalty on the 10m line. Unfortunately, the kick didn't go over. Resolven were the first to score when they kicked a penalty, which was much closer to the posts. Shortly afterwards, following some stong running by the forwards, Richard Hills forced himself over for a try, which Steff Rees converted. Resolven kicked a penalty before half time to make the score 7-6 at the break.

Resolven were the first to score after the break, both had some doubt about them. The first followed a lineout which didn't look particularly straight. Their second was scored after a Resolven player's leg was used to trip a Cwmgors player, but was not penalised. The impact ciuld be clearly seen and heard. Resolven converted the second try to make the score 7-18. They extended the lead with a further penalty, before some good work by the pack saw Dylan Hills cross for a try, converted by Steff Rees to salvage a losing bonus point.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by David "Mags" Davies: Mathew Vickers

Ystradgynlais v Cwmgors 18/02/2017 D 20-20

Ystradgynlais were quickly into their stride, and should have scored a try early on, but dropped the final pass. Cwmgors were strong in the scrum, but had problems in the lineout, which restricted their possession. It was from a scrum that Cwmgors opened the scoring, when a good break by Steff Rees saw him off-load to permit player Sam Crawley to score. The conversion from fellow permit player Sam Evans, made it 0-7. Ystradgynlais maintained the pressure, but good defence from Cwmgors restricted them to an unconverted try during the first half.

Cwmgors extended the lead in the seond half, when Richard Hills touched down from the back of a push over scrum. The conversion by Sam Evans made it 5-14. Sam Evans extended the lead to 5-17 with a penalty, before Ystradgynlais came back with a an unconverted try and a penalty to make the score 13-17 mid-way through the half. Cwmgors had a chance to extend the lead with a long range penalty, but it went wide. Sam Evans did succeed with his next kick to make it 13-20. Ystradgynlais were awarded a try, although dropping the ball (backwards according to the ref) a couple of times in the move. The conversion made it 20-20 at the end of normal time. From the restart Cwmgors were awarded a scrum in the Ystradgynlais half. Considering that the scrum had been a strength of Cwmgors throughout the match, a possible drop goal looked on. The referee however awarded Ystradgynlais a free kick for a crooked put in, the first in the whole match. Ystradgynlais took it quickly and passed the ball wide to their wing, and at one point looked as if they would score, but a good cover tackle by Dan Morgan stopped the try. Ystradgynlais were awarded a penalty for a mid-field off-side and it looked to everyone that it would win the match for Ystradgynlais. The kick, however, went wide, and the final whistle was blown.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Mike Jones: Mathew Vickers

Cwmgors v Morriston 04/03/2017 P

Aberavon Green Stars v Cwmgors 11/03/2017 W 11 - 20

Aberavon Green Stars kicked off playing towards the river, and were soon on the attack. They were awarded an early penalty which they kicked, to give them a 3-0 lead. Cwmgors started to gain some possession and field position. From a 5m scrum the ball was passed out, and Sam Lewis popped up in support to cross over to score an unconverted try to give Cwmgors the lead, 3-5. Green Stars were next to score through their lively backs. An unconverted try retook the lead, before a penalty extended it to 11-5. Cwmgors were pressurising the Green Stars line. Unfortunately, the Green Stars prop received an injury, and they did not have a suitable replacement. This resulted in unopposed scrums for the remainder of the game. Just before half-time Steff Garland kicked a penalty to reduce the deficit to 11-8.
Early in the second half, Cwmgors retook the lead 11-15. Good approach play saw Steff Rees break through to score a try which Steff Garland converted. The second half was a scrappy affair, with Cwmgors having most of the possession and territory. With slightly more than 10 minutes to go, Steff Garland forced himself over for an unconverted try to make it 11-20.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Jamie Bradley: Steff Garland

Cwmgors v Nantymoel 25/03/2017 W 17-5

Cwmgors kicked off into the wind towards the school. Unfortunately, Nantymoel couldn’t field a full front row, so the game was played with unopposed scrums throughout. This did have an effect on the match, as it seemed to lack structure. Nantymoel made good use of the wind at their backs in the first half, and had the first chance to open the scoring. Unfortunately for them, the penalty was wide of the upright. Nantymoel continued to make good use of the wind, and made some good runs to keep the pressure on Cwmgors. It was against the run of play to some extent, when mid-way through the half, Nantymoel trying to pass the ball wide, saw it intercepted by wing Chris Jones, who sprinted from his own 10m to cross in the bottom corner for an unconverted try. This  is how it remained until the interval.
With the wind behind them, Cwmgors came more into the game in the second half, but it took almost half an hour before sub William Williams was driven over for an unconverted try to double the score to 10 points. Soon after Dylan Hills ended his quiet period to score another try, which Steff Garland converted to make it 17-0. Nantymoel didn’t give up, and they had the final word with an unconverted try on the final whistle.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Dorian & Kevin: Lloyd Watson

Pencoed v Cwmgors 01/04/2017 P

Man of the Match award, sponsored by

Tondu v Cwmgors 08/04/2017 L 32-0

Tondu kicked off playing with the slight slope, but into the breeze, on a hot day, with the ice cream van doing a steady trade. Most of the play in the first half was between the respective 22m lines, with neither side able to sustain prolonged pressure on the other. Tondu eventually broke through 10 minutes before half-time, for an unconverted try, the only score of the half.
Tondu started the second half with a bang, scoring a converted try, soon after the restart. They extended their lead with a penalty to make it 15-0. The weather and some enforced substitutions began to take their toll, and another Tondu try made it 20-0. Tondu scored another two tries near the final whistle, converting one to make the final score 32-0. Tondu were crowned league champions as a result of this game. Congratulations, and all the best in Division One next year.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Ieuan Jones: Caron Jones

Cwmgors v Brynaman 15/04/2017 L 14-19

Cwmgors started well, and had a 11 pint lead after 20 minutes, with 2 penalties, followed by a try, all from Steff Rees. However, Cwmgors did not press home the advantage, and Brynaman came back with 2 penalties of their own to make it 11-6 at half-time.

In the second half Brynaman scored a converted try to give them a 11-13 lead. They extended this with a penalty, before Steff Rees kicked a penalty to make it 14-16. Another penalty from Brynaman gave them a 5 point lead, and despite chances at both ends, this is how it ended.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Gerwyn Leonard: Steff Rees

Cwmgors v Morriston 22/04/2017 L 15-43

Morriston scored 24 unanswered points in the first half hour, with 3 converted tries and a penalty. In the 10 minutes remaining before the break Cwmgors managed to score an uncoverted try in the corner through permit player Sam Evans. Shortly, after Sam Evans scored his second try winning the race to the touch down from a kick ahead. Steff Garland kicked the conversion to make it 15-24 at the break.
Cwmgors were first to score in the second half, with a drop goal after 20 minutes. Morriston managed 3 further tries,  converting 2, in the final 5 minutes to make the final score 15-43.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Stuart Morgan: TBA

Pencoed v Cwmgors 25/04/2017 L 36-12

Cwmgors had the first chance for points, but missed a penalty. Soon after, Pencoed scored their first try with strong running from their backs. The conversion made it 7-0. Cwmgors again had a chance to reduce the lead, but missed a penalty. Pencoed increased their lead once again through their quick backs, scoring 2 tries, converting the second. Cwmgors finished the half strongly, camped on the Pencoed line, but could put the down over the line.
Pencoed increased their lead to 24-0 shortly after the restart. Cwmgors hit back quickly with 2 tries from permit player Adam Williams. Steff Garland converted the first of these. With the score at 24-12, Cwmgors were back in contention. It was Pencoed, however, who finished the stronger scoring 2 more tries, converting the first, to make the final score 36-12.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by John & Avril Davies: TBA

Cwmgors v Tondu 29/04/2017 L 19-46

Tondu raced into a 22 point lead, scoring 4 tries through their backs, and converting the 3rd. Most of them were started from their own half, from broken play. Just before half-time Cwmgors scored a try through Jordan Roderick 5-22 at the interval.
Tondu scored 2 similar tries at the beginning of the half, before Cwmgors scored their second through Cerith Dennard. The conversion from Steff Rees made the score 12-34. Tondu scored 2 more breakaway tries, converting the second of them, before Steff Rees scored a try and conversion, to make the final score 19-46.

Man of the Match award, sponsored by Stuart Morgan: TBA

Previous Season Match Reports

Season 2015 - 2016 Match Reports

Season 2014 - 2015 Match Reports

Season 2013 - 2014 Match Reports

Season 2012 - 2013 Match Reports

Season 2011 - 2012 Match Reports

Updated: Sunday, April 30, 2017